Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Long Hard Week

The day of Evelyn's birthday party my sweet, sweet, Grandma had a massive heart attack. She was rushed to the hospital and was slowly getting "better". My mom flew up at the beginning of the week to find out her prognosis was not long term. She was brought back to the nursing home under hospice care. The 24 hour flu swept through her nursing home and took the life of her roommate. My older brother and dad left late Friday night for St. Louis, Andy and I were the last to arrive on Sunday morning around 3am. As we entered my brother's house who goes to medical school in St. Louis we were told to leave because everyone was very sick. We headed to a hotel only to be called about five minutes later to start making our way to the nursing home to say our final goodbyes. The world lost a great lady on Sunday, but not before Lucy and I were able to kiss her goodbye. That was just the last week, she had a lifetime of love, family and joy. She meant so much to me. I am grateful for the time Lucy got to spend with her over the past few months. I keep telling myself its not goodbye, it's till we meet again. I will miss her very much.


0 comments:

Post a Comment