Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Just a dog





You say I'm "Just a Dog" then why would it be,
if you spell my name backwards god is what you see
I have many jobs, one is protecting your life
or making sure your family's safe
when that prowler is out at night
I would chase down any man who hurt someone,
I would protect you with my life until my job is done
I search for drugs in many different places,
I can pick them out of anything
even though they come in many different phases
I can sniff out a bomb that might be in your child's school,
I would risk being blown up to make sure
your child comes home to you
If you're hurt in the woods or just lost and scared
I will search as long as it takes
to make sure your life is spared
I am loyal to my master for they are first in my eyes,
I will always stand beside them
for we are partners till I die
Of all these jobs that I do,
my most important is protecting you,
protecting your life with the risk of losing mine
even though I have never met you
So after all these things that you read,
tell me when you look into my eyes is
"Just a Dog" all you see?
-author unknown

One of the dogs Andy trains with died in the line of duty this week. He was apprehending four buglers that had run when his handler tried to pull them over. He caught two of the suspects when he passed out. He went into cardiac arrest (it's been in the upper 90's this week) He died being life flighted to the nearest vet. I am thankful to Maik for keeping Andy safe and I am very thankful for all 3 of our dogs this week.

1 comments:

Todd and Courtney said...

oh that's so sad. We have a dog and they are like family. How terrible :(

Post a Comment