Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A series of unfortunate events that turned into a magical vacation

The day before we left for Disney I was like a chicken with my head cut off. Evelyn spent the night with us the night before and I took the girls to the bounce place to play and get some energy out so they would take good naps that afternoon. I don't know what I was thinking taking them by myself while school was out for winter break. Evelyn got in the middle of one of the bounce houses and would not come out and all Lucy wanted to do was go down the HUGE slide (How do you moms of 2 do it?!) :( I dropped Evelyn off with my dad around 11am and went with my mom to Walmart for some last minute stuff, Lucy fell asleep in Walmart. So much for me getting stuff done while she napped. Andy's mom (Muv) bought Lucy an indoor trampoline for Christmas that Andy needed to setup.  I asked him if he wanted to start on it, he replied it was no big deal because it would only take him 30 minutes after Lucy went to bed (MEN) :( My goal was to be in bed by 9pm, needless to say at 11 the trampoline was still not put together and the car was not packed. Andy and I crashed into bed about 12:30 with car packed and big toys together.

We woke up at 4:30 and were out of the house by 5 in great spirits ready for vacation. Lucy slept till 8:15, she watched movies, listened to her music, and took another nap. She was a very good passenger!





We arrived at Downtown Disney around noon ready for lunch. We ate at Ragland Road, which is an Irish pub and it was YUMMY. Lucy liked sitting on the high window benches and flirting with people as they passed.


We spent the day shopping. Lucy went into the world of Disney and was overwhelmed, I think she picked up ten different stuffed animals at one time, but when she laid eyes on baby Tinkerbell that was it! Over the past month she has been obsessed with Tink (or FLY as she calls her) I have never been a Tink girl, but I sang her, "you can fly" and she has been in love ever since.



When the other groups made it to town we all meet at the hotel. My mom is DEATHLY afraid of snakes. The hotel we stayed at the first night had the world largest python waterslide. Yes, my mom was not happy.



We all ate dinner at Fudruckers that night and fell asleep dreaming of a magical vacation, little did we know what waited for us in the morning.

1 comments:

Aunt Joanie said...

ok I cant take it what happened in the morning >

Post a Comment