Friday, January 15, 2010

What it's only 5 months till her birthday

Party planning is one of the things I love to do and I am by no means a procrastinator. So about a month ago I started seriously thinking about Lucy's 1st birthday party, well really I started planning it before she was born but, we won't go into that! I am going with either a circus or a carnival theme which got me thinking, what is the difference between the two? In a nutshell my research revealed circus's are animals, carnival's are games. Well I don't want a tiger in my backyard although, Andy is dead set on an elephant(no really)so it has to be more carnival. However, there is so much more out there for a circus. So to bring these two concepts together I think I will go with a midway to the circus, you know the part before you get into the circus tent with all the fun games. I ordered a game stand from oriental trading as a prototype for Andy and my dad to make more of.



The vision is to have several of these booths with different games for various ages. Well, will see how it works out. I am going to have a booth for prizes too.
So that is the start of my plan... Invitations are next. June 25th is fast approaching!

0 comments:

Post a Comment