Monday, October 4, 2010

Packing up

Lucy and I are getting ready for a week long trip to St. Louis. It's my brothers 30th birthday in a few weeks and one of my cousins is getting married. We have a lot of fun things planned and I am so excited to go. As I was packing my stuff I thought I would share this tip; I am not good at a whole lot of things but after traveling for 5 years straight I had to be good at packing. So here is what I do to avoid putting Lucy and myself in the wrong accessories/outfit. It works out great, if I'm in a hurry someone else can dress Lucy and I'm not worried that she will have red socks on with white tights (you know who you are)!

I start out by putting together the whole outfit top, pants, socks, hat/hair bow (or both) and folding it all together as most people do, but then I place it all in a zip lock bag and put my knee on it to get all the air out. When I take the things out they spring back to life. All the items stay together and whoever is dressing Lucy knows what should go together, not to mention it takes up less space in the bag and you don't make a mess trying to dig to the bottom of the bag in search of a hair bow. I do the same thing for me with top, pants, necklaces, underwear.




This bag has: jeans, shirt, socks, bow and a hat.

1 comments:

Todd and Courtney said...

genius! I haven't thought of the ziploc bag idea yet.

Post a Comment